Old Shiba Rikyu Gardens
The old Shiba Rikyu Garden is one of the oldest feudal lords gardens, estimated to have been made from 1678 to 1686. In the early Edo period, it is a typical migratory fountain garden, with a very good arrangement of garden compartments and stones centered around the pond, and has been designated as a National scenic spot. It was originally reclaimed from the sea surface, and it became the residence ground of the old and the Okubo Tadasa. Tadasa built a garden when building a kamiyashiki and named it "Rakuju-en". After that, after the owner of several people, it became the Shiba Miyashiki of the Kishu Tokugawa family in the Edo period. In 1871, the Arisugawa Miyan was owned and the Imperial Palace was purchased in 1875, and the next year it became Shiba Rikyu. It was damaged during the Great Kanto earthquake, but the following year it was restored to the possession of the city of Tokyo as a commemorative commemoration of the Crown prince (Showa Emperor), and has been open to the public since 1924.
|Transportation||1 minute walk from Hamamatsucho North exit of JR Yamanote Line and Keihin-Tohoku line, 3 minutes on foot from Oedo line Daimon (E20), 3 minutes walk from Asakusa Line Daimon (A09), 10 minutes walk from Yurikamome Takeshiba|