Gas Founding Monument
Near the south exit of JR Hamamatsucho Station, there is the Tokyo Gas head office, where the "founding monument" of gas is built. In the inscription, the Imperial gas business was planned as a government office in Meiji six. The gas plant was able to be in Hamasaki-cho in this area, and the next year, the lantern was ignited to the street in Ginza, and the people who went a lot of roads were surprised. Since then, it has been privatized and relocated, but in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the 1950 's, it was built in the corner of the campus at that time. The gas light was ignited in Shimbashi-Kyobashi on December 18, Meiji 7, and the third gas business began in the Japan following Yokohama and Hyogo. The charge for one month of the gas lamp at that time was three Yen 55 Sen and 5 Rin and was expensive.