Amazing tourist attractions that are a must-see when visiting Minato Ward.
To celebrate nikon's 100th anniversary in 2017, the Nikon Museum opened in 2015 and exhibits the history, products and technologies of nikon's businesses. The exhibition of about 1,000 powerful cameras and lenses is a masterpiece.
Tokyo Midtown Design Hub
It is a base of the design network operated by three organizations responsible for design promotion, function, and research and education. We connect people through exhibitions and seminars that present a perspective on the lives and society of the next generation, and think about the future together through design.
Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology Museum of Marine Sciences
Museum on the Shinagawa campus of the Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology. The main building displays samples of stuffed marine life and skeletons, including sea turtles, lobsters, crabs, and otters, as well as fishing gear and models of training ships. In the whale gallery, a 17 m long complete skeleton of a North Pacific right whale is also on display. * Reservations are required for field trips. To make a booking, please see our website.
Minato city-established Minato Science Museum
This new science museum opened in June 2020. It has a laboratory with workshops on programming, science experiments, and permanent exhibition corner (free) where you can discover science in our everyday life. The planetarium hall is equipped with an Orpheus projector that projects 8 million stars against a concurrent 4K video background. Television programs like the in-house original 'Minato's time and a walk under the starry skies' that allow rediscovery of Minato's charm are showed in the planetarium. It also screens 'A 1.38 billion light year-journey across deep space', narrated by Minato's tourism embassador Akemi Masuda. Along with the hourly screenings, you can enjoy a lively storytelling from planetarium curators about astronomy. It is situated in the town center 4 minutes of walking from Toranomon Hills station, so why not give this place a visit? The Japanese Meteorological Agency and meteorology museum are in the same building.
Red New Jiam is a facility where you can learn and experience the history and manufacturing methods of the traditional Japanese color "Red" and Japanese makeup culture. "Red" is a red pigment contained slightly in the petals of safnibana. It has been used for dyes, food colorings, paints, and cosmetics for a long time. Founded in 1825, "Red" was founded in 1825 and is the last red shop to continue to this day, is a good proof. The moment of the impression which changes from dissolved caterpillar color to red with water is a must-see. The Red Museum is now the last place to tell the history and culture of red and Japanese makeup, along with the techniques of red making.
Tokyo Port City Takeshiba Office Tower
A new landmark in Takeshiba that opened on September 14, 2020. It is a large-scale complex with 40 floors above ground, and has not only offices, but also 21 restaurants, exhibition rooms, studios, halls, and other facilities. Skip Terrace, a symbol of the facility, is a relaxing space where you can feel nature while in the city center. As a "smart building" equipped with state-of-the-art technology throughout the building, it proposes new working style for office workers and comfortable use by guests.
WATERS Takeshiba is a waterfront multiplex with a rich natural environment located in front of the Hamarikyu Gardens. The facilities include a 26-floor tower, a theater relocated from the Gekidan Shiki 2nd Theater, a plaza, and a 10-floor parking lot. Other than offices, the building houses the luxury hotel "Mesm Tokyo, Autograph Collection", the first collaboration between JR East Japan Group's Nippon Hotel and Marriot International, the commercial facility "Atelier Takeshiba" which offers a space that satisfies your curiosity for new creative works with the vision of providing "A playground for the senses", the new theater of the Gekidan Shiki that has nurtured culture and art in Takeshiba for a long time, "JR East Japan Shiki Theater [Spring] [Autumn]", the "Takeshiba Wharf" that makes full use of the riverside environment, the "Takeshiba Mudflat", and more. We will continue to focus on developing the multiplex as a base from which to promote culture and art by making full use of the riverside environment.
The udon slope is that it is because there was a noodle shop until around the end of the year, and the potato washing slope that the origin was because there was a IMO wholesale store. There is a nifty public restroom at the intersection of the two slopes.
It was named after the hill of Sakaue that the autumn leaves were called Shokko after the beautiful Chinese Shokko. By the way, the character name was a graduation old.
It came to be called so by the name of the vicinity which had been named from the Kogai River which flowed the Sakashita.
The area around this park was called "Kogai Town" after the "Kogai Bridge" which had been lost now. By the way, "Kogai" is a tool to care for hair (kanzashi). At the time of the rebellion of Tenkei (939 years), the legend of having crossed the bridge by giving the Kogai that the commander of the source of the Heian period was pointing to the sword as evidence to the person who blocked the traffic to the "Kogai Bridge" was established, and it became Kogai, and the accent of Koga Gumi and IGA Gumi There are various theories about the origins of this place name. In the park opened as a Minato Municipal park in 1970, there is also an elementary school in front of, and children who play energetically in such as wooden composite playground equipment and swings, sitting on a bench it is often seen the appearance of mothers who watch it.
Saito Shigeyoshi Residence Mark Song Monument
It is Mokichi who written a lot of songs on the stage in Aoyama, but the song monument is located beside the parking lot of the luxury condominium nearby. This phrase was announced in Taisho 3, "The dirt dirt and the way of the one road and the Spirit Kokuta (Tamatsu) become my life." It is said that the song Wind showed one leap along with it although there was a death of mother and a teacher Ito, and a tragic thing one after another to the personal affairs in the previous year. The Red sun is blazing, and we must walk on this one road. It is a view of Mokichi's own feelings which overlapped with the scenery of Aoyama at that time. While getting the reputation as a poet, Mokichi was crushed for the reconstruction of the hospital, but once he left Aoyama, he did not return until he died at the age of 72 in Showa 28. Mokichi was devoted to the creation of the tanka called the Douma Mountain bunches in the hospital management.
Sakurada Shrine moved to the temporary reservoir after it was erected in Kasumigaseki, and it seems to have moved to the current location in the year Kan'ei. In 1945, we were involved in war damage, but we rebuilt it in 28 years.
In the Edo period, at a particular daimyo's spare residence in Nagato Hagi-han (modern day Yamaguchi Prefecture), there were so many cypress trees that it was known as the Hinoki Yashiki (or Cypress Manor). At the same time, there was a famous garden called Kiyomizu Tei (or Spring Water Pavilion). In the 40th year of the Showa era, it became a park in Minato Ward, with a cypress-covered hill running alongside it.
In the Edo period, it was a slope that climbed toward the house of the feudal lord Hotta. Due to the large number of cypress trees, it was in accordance with the Nagato Hagi Clan Mouri House (Hinokimachi Park), which was called the Cypress Mansion.
Roppongi and Gaien-Higashi-Dori are Majiwaru at the intersection and are connected to Roppongi subway station. It is also known as a meeting place. There is also a police box, so let's hear it if you are lost.
Roppongi Keyakizaka Street
Roppongi Keyakizaka Street is about 400 meters from the center of Roppongi Hills. It is known as a leading walking course in Tokyo, creating the scenery of the Four Seasons by the keyscape trees and flower beds. If you walk along the streets lined with beautiful trees and fashionable shops, you will feel as if you were the hero of the drama.
They say that Naniwaya Sohonten was the first shop in Japan to think up the taiyaki (a fish-shaped pancake filled with bean jam). The shop is also famous for being the model for the hit song, "Swim! Mr. Taiyaki." The shop's taiyaki, filled to its tail with lightly seasoned an, is very popular. The line of people waiting for the freshly-baked items never ends anytime soon. This new shop opened in 2007. The taiyaki shop itself is on the first floor. The food-and-drink space on the second floor has about 20 seats and a menu for meals and desserts.
At the beginning of the Edo period, the East Zen Temple of Takanawa was here as the Ling Nan-an, and it took the name of the founder Ling Minami Osho, but one day the ridge became a spirit.
Ryuzawa-ji Temple (Azabu ward office Ruins)
In the current port area, Akasaka-ku, Azabu-gu and Shiba-gu were established in the district by the municipal organization of the municipality on July 22, Meiji 11. The range of Azabu-ku is mainly present in Azabu and Roppongi. In Ryuzawa-ji temple, the second district of December, Meiji 6, was placed in the ward office of 12 small, but it was decided to open the office of the Azabu Ward as a ward office on November 4, Meiji 11. The first mayor was appointed by Toshimitsuru Maeda. The number of units at the time of the opening was 7813 units and the population was 26000. On March 15, 1947, the Akasaka-ku, Azabu-ku and Shiba-ku were integrated, and the current Minato-ku was born.
Thunder Yama Children's Park
Thunder Yama Children's Park is a hidden cherry blossom attraction. Originally, there was a Thunder shrine which dedicated the Thunder, and it was the origin of the Thunder Mountain. The trees of the cherry tree grow large branches in the park, and when the cherry Tree row which was the approach of the shrine is full bloom, the Arch of cherry blossoms is shaped. In the precincts of Gwanglin-ji temple, the cherry blossoms are spread out every year and the flowers are beautiful. This day was blessed with the weather, and the cherry blossoms in the blue sky were shining.
An equestrian statue of Prince Arisugawa Taruhito.
The bronze statue of Prince Arisugawa Taruhito stands on the field on top of a hill in the Arisugawa-no-miya Memorial Park in Minami-Azabu. This was where the Asano family's villa used to stand and it became the residence of Minonokami Nambu, who was the feudal lord of the Moroka Domain. In 1896, this land became the property of the Arisugawa-no-miya. Prince Taruhito was going to spend his last years here, but he passed away before he could live here. The equestrian statue of Prince Taruhito was located in the old Imperial Japanese Army General Staff Office in 1903, but as the park had close ties with the Prince, the statue was moved to there in 1962.
Arisugawa Palace Memorial Park
It is a Japan garden with a very good nature in the place where there was the shimoyashiki of the Asano family famous for Chushingura. It became the shimoyashiki of the Morioka clan Southern House in the Edo period, and went through the site of the Arisugawa Miyagai and Takamatsu House, and was lift down as a park site in Tokyo City at that time in 1934. More than 100 sakura trees are planted in the park, and all 11 types of Someiyoshino and Satcherry are introduced to the Guide board next to the Tokyo Metropolitan Central Library, "Sakura of Arisugawa Omiya Memorial Park". In the park, you can enjoy seasonal flowers such as dogwood and hydrangea, as well as plum blossoms and flower Kiyotaka Shobuda.
Arisho-in Mausoleum 2 Tenmon gate
In Zojoji Temple, Arisho-in Mausoleum 2 Tenten Gate is an important cultural property. There is a god on the left and right of the gate. It is a wide point to defend the west to the right to defend the north to the left. Buddhist Guardian God.
The temple is lined up on both sides of the hill, and because it is a lonely hill, this name seems to have attached, and there is a theory of Arisaka slope, too. There are Nagamatsu-ji temple with the tomb of Hagou Sorai, Tamhouji temple with a makeup Jizo, and a temple with a Morning Glory mound. There are about seven ghost slopes in Tokyo.